Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Day with Isaac

THE DAY WITH ISAAC.
Isaac has had a lot of trouble in his life, and as mom used to say, "Its amazing you turned out sane, Isaac.  Its a miracle."
Not a very nice way to put it, but honest.
He was banged back and forth between crazy mom and demented dad.. both of whom are good people... and Isaac ended up falling in with various bad crowds that played on his insecurities.
At his core he's a soft and vulnerable jewish kid from Brooklyn.  
But he continually tries to project this weird, no-one-messes-with-me persona, that doesn't really work.

Somehow, tho, he continues to keep his mom maintained, pay the mortgage, and have some decent relationships.
I used to wonder, "why is he trying to boast at me, or impress me," and at this point I just don't care at all to be impressed or even that he might be trying.
Go ahead, try.  
(Mostly I'm impressed by something ridiculous and rare: humility.  I love to see humble people. In a world full of egos and braggarts.)

Spent the day at Beacon New York today, with my friend Amy.  We took the train early in the morning, and walked around, ate some food, looked at various streets and waterfront areas.
No visit to Dia Arts Center; another time for that.  

But lovely weather, and away from NYC. 

No comments: