Friday, August 1, 2014

RADIO RADIO RADIO!!! I cannot believe it.

And maybe this is kinda immature (of course)... 

I accidentally tuned my clock radio alarm to the wrong station, instead of NPR.
Ended up on NYE-FM, 91.5.
Never heard of it.
But it was cranking tons of nonstop music, some familiar, and some totally not.

Short story long?
Its new york's WNYC-government non-commercial station, that from 6am-12noon plays alternative music.
I went on thte web and found that they play all the music thats up and coming, or already cummed. 
Bloc Party, Lykke Li, new order, St. Vincent, War on Drugs... all these bands that are plastered up as posters all over the city and wburg.

ANY
way

I started listening to the 24 hour stream on their web page, and now have the iphone app
Whats cool is, I am learning about these bands, I never knew who they were.
So, I'm an oldster with some knowledge of the youngster's world!


I swear, its like WLIR from the 1980s, its fun.

http://www.thealternateside.org/schedule/playlists

No comments: