Sunday, August 17, 2014

More Signs of the Crankenstein Monster (me)

Biked around the hood a bit, weeburg.  Jam crowded with people.

Jim Durkaccchkkk had told me about this street festival for motorcyclists, which included bands and BBQ, motorcycles and the related community interested in that stuff.  So I biked over to there, to North 14th Street.

I will spare some of the details except to say it was the noisiest, most contrived gathering of hipster doofii I've encountered in years, I frankly found the scene beyond belief. It was like a casting agent had gone out and fetched the largest array of similar-vein personas for a crowd-shot that might appear as Background Talent in some production.

It was literally like walking straight into the vortex of a noisy headache!!  A band bleating atonally, with rows of various kinds of motorbikes lined up—none of which anyone was looking at.  People just seemed to be milling about, not talking, sort of watching the band, but more than anything just kinda moving up and down the street without rhyme or reason. Talk about a scene that holds zero interest for me.

What blew me away was, how ANYONE might be interested --  Impossible to talk to anyone due to the noise; the smell of burnt and meat smoke was overpowering; it was hot and crowded; everyone seems to be posing for Williamsburg Hipster Magazine™....

   My one regret is that I did not take any photos to post here for you, dear reader!!!

I must remember to do that in the future.

Lesson? Take pictures to post later.

No comments: